UDF govt not for any confrontation with BJP govt at Centre
Thiruvananthapuram: The Congress led UDF government in Kerala Wednesday made it clear that it was not for any conflict with the new BJP government at the Centre.
"The state will try its best to protect the interests of the people and does not believe in the policy of conflict and governance", Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said during a cabinet briefing here.
He said political differences would not come in the way of extending co-operation for governance.
On cabinet decisions, he said no higher secondary schools would be sanctioned this academic year. Instead additional plus two batches would be allotted in existing higher secondary schools.
The decision to allot new plus two schools had been deferred due to time constraint as classes have to begin next month, he said.
The UDF had yesterday asked government not to sanction new higher secondary schools due to financial implications and lack of clarity in norms for sanctioning schools.
Chandy said necessary posts would be sanctioned to start Community Dentistry Division at Government dental colleges in Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode and Kottayam.
Posts would be sanctioned as per norms of the Dental Council to start a new dental college at Alappuzha Medical College.
A total of 50 cents of revenue land will be taken up to set up Travancore Folklore Village at Nellavoor in Kottayam district, he said.
As part of environment preservation programmes, a `Participatory Environmental Action Project` would be launched on June 5, the Chief Minister said.
The project of Forest and Environment department would involve planting trees across the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!