UDF govt trying to sabotage lottery scam probe: VS
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan on Sunday said the UDF government`s notification seeking a CBI probe into the lottery scam was
meant to sabotage a comprehensive investigation in the matter.
It was evident from the notification that the government wanted to skip serious issues like black money and possible flow of funds for subversive activities through fraudulent operations of outside state lotteries, the CPI-M veteran
leader told reporters here.
The government had referred only 32 lottery cases for
which FIR had been lodged in various police stations in the
state. However, serious issues like black money laundering did
not come under their ambit. This went against the affidavit
submitted by the Additional Solicitor General in the lottery
case in the Kerala High Court, he said.
"This is part of a game to save the lottery mafia and
attempts by the Congress leadership to cover up the real
issues," Achuthanandan said.
He said the recent transfer of some top police officials
was intended to sabotage probe into the `Ice Cream Parlour`
sex case in which allegations were raised against IUML leader
and industries minister PK Kunhalikutty.
Criticising the government`s reluctance to rein in the
self-financing colleges in admission and fee issue, he said
this was part of its move to promote privatisation and
commercialisation of the education sector.
The LDF would strongly oppose the government policies in
the coming days within and outside the Assembly without
showing any lenience, Achuthanandan said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state