UDF govt trying to sabotage lottery scam probe: VS
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan on Sunday said the UDF government`s notification seeking a CBI probe into the lottery scam was
meant to sabotage a comprehensive investigation in the matter.
It was evident from the notification that the government wanted to skip serious issues like black money and possible flow of funds for subversive activities through fraudulent operations of outside state lotteries, the CPI-M veteran
leader told reporters here.
The government had referred only 32 lottery cases for
which FIR had been lodged in various police stations in the
state. However, serious issues like black money laundering did
not come under their ambit. This went against the affidavit
submitted by the Additional Solicitor General in the lottery
case in the Kerala High Court, he said.
"This is part of a game to save the lottery mafia and
attempts by the Congress leadership to cover up the real
issues," Achuthanandan said.
He said the recent transfer of some top police officials
was intended to sabotage probe into the `Ice Cream Parlour`
sex case in which allegations were raised against IUML leader
and industries minister PK Kunhalikutty.
Criticising the government`s reluctance to rein in the
self-financing colleges in admission and fee issue, he said
this was part of its move to promote privatisation and
commercialisation of the education sector.
The LDF would strongly oppose the government policies in
the coming days within and outside the Assembly without
showing any lenience, Achuthanandan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!