UDF leaders expose corruption of their own: Kodiyeri
Kottayam: Stating that congress failed
miserably in the recent by-elections in four states including
its strong hold Andhra Pradesh, Home minister Kodiyeri
Balakrishnan on Wednesday said circumstances were favourable for Left
Democratic Front in the coming election in Kerala.
The government had given top priority to infrastructure
and grassroots development, he said.
Addressing a meet the press programme in connection with
the Vikasana Munnetta Jatha of LDF here, Kodiyeri said the
people who opposed the LDF rule were showing the tendency of
favouring it. "Same is the trend in national level politics",
He said the intensifying corruption in UDF leaders has got
exposed through its own leaders with no intervention by LDF.
Kerala Congress (B) leader R. Balakrishna PIllai was
punished by the Supreme Court in Edamalayar case. The
allegations against Muslim League leader P K Kunhalikutty were
exposed by T V channel India Vision owned by the party, and
its activist Rauf a relative of Kunhalikutty. LDF has no role
in these cases, Kodiyeri said.
He said the first culprit in palmoil case was late
congress leader K Karunakaran and the second muslim league
leader T H Mustafa, who argued that his name be deleted as the
name of opposition leader Oommen chandy was not included as an
accused. All these nasty problems were raised by the UDF, he
To question, he said the law and order situation in the
state was better compared with other states.
To another query, he said the aim of LDF was to promote
welfare of people and not for enlarging its size by adding
more political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing