UDF to face heat over host of issues in Assembly
Thiruvananthapuram: The budget session of
the Kerala Assembly, beginning tomorrow, is expected to be
stormy with the CPI(M)-led LDF opposition turning the heat on
the newly elected Congress-led UDF government over a host of
The session will get underway with Governor R S Gavai`s
customary address to the house, laying down the roadmap for
the government`s performance for the year ahead.
The address is expected to unveil a string of
developmental projects and welfare schemes to be carried out
in a fast-paced manner by the government.
Just short of four seats compared to the ruling side in
the 140-member house, the LDF has made it amply clear that it
is not going to show any mercy to the Oomen Chandy government
in exposing its lapses and policy aberrations.
According to LDF circles, unrest in the higher education
sector, surfacing of fraudulent financial rackets and sexual
harassment cases reported from different parts of the state
will provide ammunition for the Opposition`s attack.
The UDF leaders, however, exuded confidence that the
ruling side would expose the LDF`s "aggressive" posture as
springing from its "desperation" to retain power.
Finance Minister K M Mani will present the government`s
maiden budget on July 8, which will invalidate the budget
presented by the previous LDF government in March last.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info