UDF to face heat over host of issues in Assembly
Thiruvananthapuram: The budget session of
the Kerala Assembly, beginning tomorrow, is expected to be
stormy with the CPI(M)-led LDF opposition turning the heat on
the newly elected Congress-led UDF government over a host of
The session will get underway with Governor R S Gavai`s
customary address to the house, laying down the roadmap for
the government`s performance for the year ahead.
The address is expected to unveil a string of
developmental projects and welfare schemes to be carried out
in a fast-paced manner by the government.
Just short of four seats compared to the ruling side in
the 140-member house, the LDF has made it amply clear that it
is not going to show any mercy to the Oomen Chandy government
in exposing its lapses and policy aberrations.
According to LDF circles, unrest in the higher education
sector, surfacing of fraudulent financial rackets and sexual
harassment cases reported from different parts of the state
will provide ammunition for the Opposition`s attack.
The UDF leaders, however, exuded confidence that the
ruling side would expose the LDF`s "aggressive" posture as
springing from its "desperation" to retain power.
Finance Minister K M Mani will present the government`s
maiden budget on July 8, which will invalidate the budget
presented by the previous LDF government in March last.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- No kids for John Abraham for now
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Simple steps to beautify your abode
- As NSG rejects India's membership bid, MEA says 'one country' persistently created procedural hurdles
- I-League: Salgaocar FC, Sporting Clube de Goa withdraw, to be absent from this season's roster