UDF to face heat over host of issues in Assembly
Thiruvananthapuram: The budget session of
the Kerala Assembly, beginning tomorrow, is expected to be
stormy with the CPI(M)-led LDF opposition turning the heat on
the newly elected Congress-led UDF government over a host of
The session will get underway with Governor R S Gavai`s
customary address to the house, laying down the roadmap for
the government`s performance for the year ahead.
The address is expected to unveil a string of
developmental projects and welfare schemes to be carried out
in a fast-paced manner by the government.
Just short of four seats compared to the ruling side in
the 140-member house, the LDF has made it amply clear that it
is not going to show any mercy to the Oomen Chandy government
in exposing its lapses and policy aberrations.
According to LDF circles, unrest in the higher education
sector, surfacing of fraudulent financial rackets and sexual
harassment cases reported from different parts of the state
will provide ammunition for the Opposition`s attack.
The UDF leaders, however, exuded confidence that the
ruling side would expose the LDF`s "aggressive" posture as
springing from its "desperation" to retain power.
Finance Minister K M Mani will present the government`s
maiden budget on July 8, which will invalidate the budget
presented by the previous LDF government in March last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Jan Dhan accounts “very vulnerable” to frauds: RBI
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test