UDF to win in Kerala panchayat election: Pillai
Kottayam: Kerala Congress (B) leader R.
Balakrishna Pillai on Friday said the chances of winning from
the segments of legislative assembly were different from
the chances in Panchayat election.
The favourable trend would be different in the local
body elections especially when candidates from five or six
political parties contest under the banner of one front,
Pillai told reporters at a meet the press programme here.
He said getting elected to the legislative assembly was
not a cumbersome task compared with panchayat or municipal
To a question, he said it was improper to stake claim
for seats for those persons who left LDF.
Referring to former PWD minister P J Joseph who left LDF
joined Kerala Congress (M), Pillai said if a person wins the
election from a front he should continue with the front and
carry on the activities. Otherwise a person should emulate
like independent MLA Manhalamkuzhi Ali, representing Mankada
in Malappuram, who had resigned all party positions.
To a query, the former minister said there was nothing
wrong in the church heads and priests airing their political
views on a personal level. “They have every right to tell
people to vote for god fearing persons", he said, adding
CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, being an atheist,
has no right to question this.
Blaming the LDF government for not utilising the plan fund
and other assistance from the centre for welfare schemes, he
said North Indian people spent the amount in a big way.
Pillai siad UDF will achieve majority of the seats in the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination