UDF to win in Kerala panchayat election: Pillai
Kottayam: Kerala Congress (B) leader R.
Balakrishna Pillai on Friday said the chances of winning from
the segments of legislative assembly were different from
the chances in Panchayat election.
The favourable trend would be different in the local
body elections especially when candidates from five or six
political parties contest under the banner of one front,
Pillai told reporters at a meet the press programme here.
He said getting elected to the legislative assembly was
not a cumbersome task compared with panchayat or municipal
To a question, he said it was improper to stake claim
for seats for those persons who left LDF.
Referring to former PWD minister P J Joseph who left LDF
joined Kerala Congress (M), Pillai said if a person wins the
election from a front he should continue with the front and
carry on the activities. Otherwise a person should emulate
like independent MLA Manhalamkuzhi Ali, representing Mankada
in Malappuram, who had resigned all party positions.
To a query, the former minister said there was nothing
wrong in the church heads and priests airing their political
views on a personal level. “They have every right to tell
people to vote for god fearing persons", he said, adding
CPI(M) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, being an atheist,
has no right to question this.
Blaming the LDF government for not utilising the plan fund
and other assistance from the centre for welfare schemes, he
said North Indian people spent the amount in a big way.
Pillai siad UDF will achieve majority of the seats in the
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore