UDF trying to sabotage ice cream parlour case: Achuthanandan
Kochi: Former Kerala Chief Minister VS
Achuthanandan on Sunday alleged that the Congress-led UDF
government was trying to "sabotage" the infamous ice cream
parlour sex case.
The appointment of a person, who allegedly had a role in
the case, as Additional Advocate General was "with the motive
of safeguarding certain people," the veteran CPI(M) leader
told reporters in response to a question.
It was evident that by this act, the government would do
anything to `sabotage` the case, he charged.
Kerala Minister and IUML leader PK Kunhalikutty is
allegedly embroiled in the scandal which relates to
allegations that surfaced in late 1990s that an ice cream
parlour in Kozhikode was being used as a cover to lure young
women into prostitution. Kunhalikutty quit as Industries
Minister from the UDF Government in 2004 following the
He, however, did not figure as accused in the case.
On reported internal skirmish in UDF and delay on allotment
of portfolios, he said "we will wait for the decision."
To another query, he said anti-graft activist Anna Hazare,
despite his limitations as a Gandhian, had strongly fought
against corruption and deserves to be congratulated.
Earlier, at the valedictory function of a seminar
"Judiciary, Democracy and Public Interest", organised by Media
Education for Awareness and Social Transformation, he said,
"Our democracy looks relatively strong outside, but as a
result of corruption and nepotism the essence of democracy is
being eaten away."
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations