UDF trying to sabotage ice cream parlour case: Achuthanandan
Kochi: Former Kerala Chief Minister VS
Achuthanandan on Sunday alleged that the Congress-led UDF
government was trying to "sabotage" the infamous ice cream
parlour sex case.
The appointment of a person, who allegedly had a role in
the case, as Additional Advocate General was "with the motive
of safeguarding certain people," the veteran CPI(M) leader
told reporters in response to a question.
It was evident that by this act, the government would do
anything to `sabotage` the case, he charged.
Kerala Minister and IUML leader PK Kunhalikutty is
allegedly embroiled in the scandal which relates to
allegations that surfaced in late 1990s that an ice cream
parlour in Kozhikode was being used as a cover to lure young
women into prostitution. Kunhalikutty quit as Industries
Minister from the UDF Government in 2004 following the
He, however, did not figure as accused in the case.
On reported internal skirmish in UDF and delay on allotment
of portfolios, he said "we will wait for the decision."
To another query, he said anti-graft activist Anna Hazare,
despite his limitations as a Gandhian, had strongly fought
against corruption and deserves to be congratulated.
Earlier, at the valedictory function of a seminar
"Judiciary, Democracy and Public Interest", organised by Media
Education for Awareness and Social Transformation, he said,
"Our democracy looks relatively strong outside, but as a
result of corruption and nepotism the essence of democracy is
being eaten away."
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire