UDF using RMP leader`s murder for political vengeance: Karat
Kannur(Ker): CPI-M General Secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday said the party would not hesitate to act against any CPI(M) member found involved in the murder of rebel leader and RMP founder T P Chandrasekharan and alleged the ruling United Democratic Front was using it for political vengeance.
"Resorting to violence to wipe out political opponents is not our approach. Our weapon is ideology. The ruling United Democratic Front is using the murder for political vengeance," he said at a function in nearby Kalyasseri.
Karat said if any CPI(M) member is found involved in the murder, it was against the party`s interest and the movement. "Such an act will not be tolerated by the party and firm action will be taken," he said
Karat also charged the media with "unitedly indulging in a concerted attack on the party".
He also flayed minister of state for home Mullappally Ramachandran`s reported statement soon after the murder that CPI(M) had a hand in it and demanded to know on what basis he had come to this conclusion. "Is his statement not tantamount to interfering in the probe?" he asked.
Karat alleged that CPI(M) had to face attacks from both Congress and RSS in Kannur district, which the party had resisted both politically and ideologically.
Chandrasekharan, expelled from CPI(M) a few years back, was attacked and killed by unidentified assailants at Vallikkad near Vatakara in Kozhikode district on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- One jawan martyred as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara, curfew lifted from parts of Valley
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal