UDF will protect general education system: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Rejecting the LDF`s
claim that the UDF government`s decision to grant no-objection
certificates (NOCs) to more CBSE and ICSE schools would affect
public schools, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said
steps would be taken to protect the general education system.
"There is no basis for the apprehension expressed by
the LDF. NOC`s will be given only after adhering to the
guidelines issued by the CBSE and ICSE boards", he told
The government`s view was that students should have
the opportunity to study in the stream they prefer, he said
adding the government would protect general education system.
The decision to grant NOCs for 540 CBSE and ICSE
schools was flayed by the LDF which said that the move would
"adversely" affect the functioning of public schools in the
To a question on Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan`s
request to expand the scope of the proposed CBI probe to
include issues like use of outside state lotteries as cover to
launder black money by their operators, Chandy said the
government would consider it.
"This government has nothing to hide on the matter",
On the Self-Financing Professional Colleges (SFPC)
admission and fees issue, Chandy blamed the previous LDF
regime for the crisis in the sector and assured that the
government would find a solution to the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown