UDF will protect general education system: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Rejecting the LDF`s
claim that the UDF government`s decision to grant no-objection
certificates (NOCs) to more CBSE and ICSE schools would affect
public schools, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said
steps would be taken to protect the general education system.
"There is no basis for the apprehension expressed by
the LDF. NOC`s will be given only after adhering to the
guidelines issued by the CBSE and ICSE boards", he told
The government`s view was that students should have
the opportunity to study in the stream they prefer, he said
adding the government would protect general education system.
The decision to grant NOCs for 540 CBSE and ICSE
schools was flayed by the LDF which said that the move would
"adversely" affect the functioning of public schools in the
To a question on Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan`s
request to expand the scope of the proposed CBI probe to
include issues like use of outside state lotteries as cover to
launder black money by their operators, Chandy said the
government would consider it.
"This government has nothing to hide on the matter",
On the Self-Financing Professional Colleges (SFPC)
admission and fees issue, Chandy blamed the previous LDF
regime for the crisis in the sector and assured that the
government would find a solution to the problem.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know