Unruly scenes in Kerala Assembly over solar scam
Thiruvananthapuram: With the stand-off over the solar scam continuing, CPI(M)-led LDF opposition and the UDF headed by ruling Congress virtually came face-to-face in the Kerala Assembly on Thursday, forcing Speaker G Karthikeyan to adjourn the House during Zero Hour.
As soon as the Question Hour was over, the LDF raised the issue through an adjournment notice and rushed to the Well of the House not heeding the Speaker`s plea to exercise restraint.
As the placard-wielding LDF members kept on shouting slogans, several members from the treasury benches rushed to the well and engaged in heated exchanges with the opposition, forcing the Speaker to adjourn the House temporarily.
The solar panel scam pertained to financially cheating a large number of people by fraudsters Saritha Nair and Biju Radhakrishnan by offering them solar energy solutions.
It assumed a political dimension after two staff members of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy were allegedly found to have made and received phone calls to and from Saritha and they were last week removed from the Chief Minister`s Office. Both Saritha and her accomplice Biju Radhakrishnan were arrested and remanded in custody.
The opposition has been disrupting the House since last week demanding resignation of Chandy over the issue which the latter has rejected categorically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love