Unused bullet found near Kerala airport parking area
Thiruvananthapuram: An unused bullet was found near the parking area of the domestic terminal of the international airport here, giving anxious moments to the security forces gearing up for the visit of President Pranab Mukherjee next week.
The bullet was found by a taxi car driver on Friday who handed it over to the police. It was produced before the local court today, police sources said.
It was a 7.62 mm bullet of 1990 Indian Ordnance Factory make used in assault rifles and light machine guns used by paramilitary units like the Border Security Force and Central Reserve Police Force, the sources said.
The bullet might have been accidentally dropped from the baggage of some Army official while travelling, he said.
Security has been beefed up ahead of the President`s visit in and around the airport, sources said.
Mukherjee, arriving here on October 29, will inaugurate a three-day World Malayalam festival the next day. He will also address the Kerala Assembly on the same day.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player