Unused bullet found near Kerala airport parking area
Thiruvananthapuram: An unused bullet was found near the parking area of the domestic terminal of the international airport here, giving anxious moments to the security forces gearing up for the visit of President Pranab Mukherjee next week.
The bullet was found by a taxi car driver on Friday who handed it over to the police. It was produced before the local court today, police sources said.
It was a 7.62 mm bullet of 1990 Indian Ordnance Factory make used in assault rifles and light machine guns used by paramilitary units like the Border Security Force and Central Reserve Police Force, the sources said.
The bullet might have been accidentally dropped from the baggage of some Army official while travelling, he said.
Security has been beefed up ahead of the President`s visit in and around the airport, sources said.
Mukherjee, arriving here on October 29, will inaugurate a three-day World Malayalam festival the next day. He will also address the Kerala Assembly on the same day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference