Unused bullet found near Kerala airport parking area
Thiruvananthapuram: An unused bullet was found near the parking area of the domestic terminal of the international airport here, giving anxious moments to the security forces gearing up for the visit of President Pranab Mukherjee next week.
The bullet was found by a taxi car driver on Friday who handed it over to the police. It was produced before the local court today, police sources said.
It was a 7.62 mm bullet of 1990 Indian Ordnance Factory make used in assault rifles and light machine guns used by paramilitary units like the Border Security Force and Central Reserve Police Force, the sources said.
The bullet might have been accidentally dropped from the baggage of some Army official while travelling, he said.
Security has been beefed up ahead of the President`s visit in and around the airport, sources said.
Mukherjee, arriving here on October 29, will inaugurate a three-day World Malayalam festival the next day. He will also address the Kerala Assembly on the same day.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof