UPA appointed governors should quit: Kerala`s Congress leader
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress leaders appointed as governors during the UPA regime should quit office, spokesperson of the party`s Kerala unit Pandalam Sudhakaran said Sunday.
These comments, which he first posted on his Facebook page, soon went viral and became a hit with many people jumping into the debate. While many agreed with him, there were others who disagreed.
"Yes, these governors should resign and should not be left to the mercy of the Narendra Modi government. This is the time that these senior Congress leaders should contribute in building the Congress party which has suffered a setback," Sudhakaran told reporters.
Sudhakaran, a former Kerala minister, was referring to two of his senior party colleagues, namely, Vakkom Purushothaman, the governor of Mizoram since 2011, and K. Sankaranarayanan, Maharashtra`s governor since 2010.
Meanwhile, state Congress president V.M. Sudheeran distanced himself from the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena