UPA appointed governors should quit: Kerala`s Congress leader
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress leaders appointed as governors during the UPA regime should quit office, spokesperson of the party`s Kerala unit Pandalam Sudhakaran said Sunday.
These comments, which he first posted on his Facebook page, soon went viral and became a hit with many people jumping into the debate. While many agreed with him, there were others who disagreed.
"Yes, these governors should resign and should not be left to the mercy of the Narendra Modi government. This is the time that these senior Congress leaders should contribute in building the Congress party which has suffered a setback," Sudhakaran told reporters.
Sudhakaran, a former Kerala minister, was referring to two of his senior party colleagues, namely, Vakkom Purushothaman, the governor of Mizoram since 2011, and K. Sankaranarayanan, Maharashtra`s governor since 2010.
Meanwhile, state Congress president V.M. Sudheeran distanced himself from the issue.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal