Upcoming Kerala Assembly session to be stormy
Thiruvananthapuram: Energised by its sterling
performance in the civic polls, the Congress-led UDF in Kerala is expected to take fiercely on the ruling LDF raising a host of issues in the brief year-end session of the state assembly beginning Tuesday.
The session assumes added significance since the assembly
polls are just five months away, tempting the rival fronts
to test on the floor all the political weapons in their
According to UDF sources, a host of issues like job scandal,
lottery controversy and the poor state of roads around the
state would be seized as hot stuff to train their guns at the
Both sides, however, are expected to converge on pressing
the centre for a nationwide ban on pesticide endoslufan, the
use of which in plantations in Kasargode district has spawned
serious physical and mental problems to a large number of
The CPI(M) and allies, however, would not be easily yielding
to the opposition pressure as they would be countering the
UDF onslaught by harping on issues like 2G scam that had
dented the image of the UPA at the Centre, LDF sources said.
Strains in the UDF between the Congress and minor partners
would also come handy to the ruling side to annoy and score
score a few debating points against the resurgent opposition.
Though the house is meeting only for eight days, there
are quite a few ordinances are before it to be legislated.
Some of the ordinances to be urgently replaced by bills
include those pertaining to creation of medical, veterinary
and fisheries universities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam