Upcoming Kerala Assembly session to be stormy
Thiruvananthapuram: Energised by its sterling
performance in the civic polls, the Congress-led UDF in Kerala is expected to take fiercely on the ruling LDF raising a host of issues in the brief year-end session of the state assembly beginning Tuesday.
The session assumes added significance since the assembly
polls are just five months away, tempting the rival fronts
to test on the floor all the political weapons in their
According to UDF sources, a host of issues like job scandal,
lottery controversy and the poor state of roads around the
state would be seized as hot stuff to train their guns at the
Both sides, however, are expected to converge on pressing
the centre for a nationwide ban on pesticide endoslufan, the
use of which in plantations in Kasargode district has spawned
serious physical and mental problems to a large number of
The CPI(M) and allies, however, would not be easily yielding
to the opposition pressure as they would be countering the
UDF onslaught by harping on issues like 2G scam that had
dented the image of the UPA at the Centre, LDF sources said.
Strains in the UDF between the Congress and minor partners
would also come handy to the ruling side to annoy and score
score a few debating points against the resurgent opposition.
Though the house is meeting only for eight days, there
are quite a few ordinances are before it to be legislated.
Some of the ordinances to be urgently replaced by bills
include those pertaining to creation of medical, veterinary
and fisheries universities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India