V Muraleedharan is new Kerala state BJP president
Kozhikode: The Kerala unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday unanimously elected its vice president V Muraleedharan as its new state president.
His election was a foregone conclusion as his was the only nomination received. National vice president of the party Shahnawaz Hussain announced the decision at a state meeting of the party here.
The BJP has no presence in the 140-member Kerala Assembly. The new president said his objective would be to work for the success of the party in the May 2011 Assembly polls.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy