VHP demands dissolution of NAC over Violence Bill
Kochi: The VHP has demanded dissolution of
Sonia Gandhi-headed National Advisory Council (NAC) and
"criminal prosecution" of its members for recommending
Prevention of Communal and Targeted Violence Bill, saying the
proposed legislation would reduce Hindus to a minority status.
The proposed bill should be "withdrawn immediately,"
Vishwa Hindu Parishad international president Ashok Singhal
and General Secretary Praveen Thogadia said last night,
addressing the `Hindu Ekta Sammelan` here.
Accusing the Congress of following in the footsteps of
the British on a "divide and rule policy," Singhal said the
party was "oppressing and dividing the Hindus in the country".
The bill intends to prevent and control targeted violence
against the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and
religious and linguistic minorities.
"The proposed bill will take away the rights of Hindus
and they would be pushed to a minority status," Singhal said.
Togadia charged that the bill`s provisions went against
the principles of international jurisprudence.
Exhorting all members of the Hindu community to be
"united," Thogadia said, "India is a land of hindus and if
they remain divided in the name of caste then they would
become a minority in this country".
The proposed bill would give Muslims an "upper hand," he
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’