VHP demands dissolution of NAC over Violence Bill
Kochi: The VHP has demanded dissolution of
Sonia Gandhi-headed National Advisory Council (NAC) and
"criminal prosecution" of its members for recommending
Prevention of Communal and Targeted Violence Bill, saying the
proposed legislation would reduce Hindus to a minority status.
The proposed bill should be "withdrawn immediately,"
Vishwa Hindu Parishad international president Ashok Singhal
and General Secretary Praveen Thogadia said last night,
addressing the `Hindu Ekta Sammelan` here.
Accusing the Congress of following in the footsteps of
the British on a "divide and rule policy," Singhal said the
party was "oppressing and dividing the Hindus in the country".
The bill intends to prevent and control targeted violence
against the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and
religious and linguistic minorities.
"The proposed bill will take away the rights of Hindus
and they would be pushed to a minority status," Singhal said.
Togadia charged that the bill`s provisions went against
the principles of international jurisprudence.
Exhorting all members of the Hindu community to be
"united," Thogadia said, "India is a land of hindus and if
they remain divided in the name of caste then they would
become a minority in this country".
The proposed bill would give Muslims an "upper hand," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter