Vicar booked for `molesting` girl remanded in judicial custody
Thrissur: A vicar of a local church, arrested for allegedly molesting a nine-year-old girl, was onm Monday remanded in 14 days judicial custody by a court here.
The vicar of St. Paul`s Church at Thaikkattussery, Raju Kokkan, was produced before the Irinjalakuda Judicial First Class Magistrate, Bijumon who remanded him in judicial custody for 14 days.
Kokkan, arrested in Nagercoil railway station in Tamil Nadu yesterday, was lodged in the Irinjalakuda sub-jail.
He has been booked under IPC Section 376 (punishment for rape), provisions of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act-2012 and the IT Act 2000 following complaints from the parents of the victim, they said.
The parents had lodged a complaint stating that their daughter was sexually harassed by the vicar at the Church where she had been taking lessons for the `Holy Communion`, a church ceremony.
The vicar had offered her vestments for receiving the Holy Communion free of cost before allegedly molesting her. He also allegedly took nude photographs of the girl, police said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read