Vice President to unveil statue of Vivekananda
Thiruvananthapuram: Vice President Hamid Ansari will unveil the statue of Swami Vivekananda at Kowdiar Park here on September 11, coinciding with the anniversary of Swami`s historic Chicago speech.
The statue is being installed as part of the year-long country-wide celebration of the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
The Vice President, who arrives here on a two-day visit on September 10, will unveil the bronze statue having a height of 9.5 feet and a meditation "mandapam."
The City Corporation donated the land at Kowdiar Park to Vivekananda Kendram, Kanyakumari, and Sri Ramakrishna Ashram, as a mark of the city`s adoration and respect to the great spiritual leader.
On his arrival on September 10, Ansari would give away the Sree Narayana Guru Global Secular and Peace Award at a function to be held at University Senate Hall.
The following day, Ansari would address a special session of the Assembly. He will also unveil the statue of freedom fighter Annie Mascrene at Vzhuthacaud.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Jharkhand wants 5 more batallions of CRPF to fight Naxals
- UN can't verify incendiary bombs in Syria, concerned by reports
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside