Vice President to unveil statue of Vivekananda
Thiruvananthapuram: Vice President Hamid Ansari will unveil the statue of Swami Vivekananda at Kowdiar Park here on September 11, coinciding with the anniversary of Swami`s historic Chicago speech.
The statue is being installed as part of the year-long country-wide celebration of the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
The Vice President, who arrives here on a two-day visit on September 10, will unveil the bronze statue having a height of 9.5 feet and a meditation "mandapam."
The City Corporation donated the land at Kowdiar Park to Vivekananda Kendram, Kanyakumari, and Sri Ramakrishna Ashram, as a mark of the city`s adoration and respect to the great spiritual leader.
On his arrival on September 10, Ansari would give away the Sree Narayana Guru Global Secular and Peace Award at a function to be held at University Senate Hall.
The following day, Ansari would address a special session of the Assembly. He will also unveil the statue of freedom fighter Annie Mascrene at Vzhuthacaud.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read