Video shows CPM leader threatening Chandrasekharan
Thiruvananthapuram: Causing more embarrassment for CPI-M in Kerala, an old video footage has surfaced purportedly showing a local functionary warning murdered rebel party leader T P Chandrasekharan of dire consequences if he continued to challenge it.
The video clipping showed the then CPI(M)`s local committee secretary at Onjiyam, Gopalakrishnan saying "Chandrasekharan will be beheaded" if he continued to create trouble for the party workers in the area.
The video containing the purported speech, made by the CPI(M) leader on February 5, 2010 months after Chandrasekharan left CPI(M) over ideological and organisational differences and floated Revolutionary Marxist Party, was beamed by Malayalam TV channels.
The speech made in the premises of a village temple, where a festival was on, referred to tension between CPI(M) and RMP workers prevailing in the area at that time.
"Now none of our party workers has been hurt. But if anyone suffers a scratch, we will behead Chandrasekharan. Our party in Onjiyam is capable of doing that," the local leader is purportedly seen saying in the video.
The video footage surfaced at a time when the party`s image has taken a beating due to the controversial speech of its Idukki district leader M M Mani that CPI(M) had once drawn up a list of rivals and eliminated three of them in Idukki.
Mani was later removed as party district secretary by a red-faced CPI(M) leadership which is already deeply divided between factions owing allegiance to state party secretary Pinarayi Vijayan and veteran marxist V S Achuthanandan.
Several CPI-M workers have been arrested in the Chandrasekharan murder case.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened