Vigilance probe against IGP should be completed soon: HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court today directed the
state vigilance to expeditiously complete the investigation
against suspended IGP Tomin J Thachankery, facing various
charges, including amassment of wealth, and submit the final
report in the court.
Justice R Basant passed the order while disposing a
contempt petition by Boby Kuruvilla of Alapuzha alleging
inaction on the part of vigilance in completing the inquiry
against Thachankery, who was suspended for undertaking a
foreign trip without informing the state government.
Earlier, on Jan 27, 2007, the government had informed the
court that the inquiry would be completed and factual report
filed within six months.
Kuruvilla in his petition said even after lapse of three
years, the direction had not been complied with.
In reply, SP Vigilance, informed the court that if the
allegation of amassment of wealth was found to be true and
departmental action will also be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'