Vigilance probe against IGP should be completed soon: HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court today directed the
state vigilance to expeditiously complete the investigation
against suspended IGP Tomin J Thachankery, facing various
charges, including amassment of wealth, and submit the final
report in the court.
Justice R Basant passed the order while disposing a
contempt petition by Boby Kuruvilla of Alapuzha alleging
inaction on the part of vigilance in completing the inquiry
against Thachankery, who was suspended for undertaking a
foreign trip without informing the state government.
Earlier, on Jan 27, 2007, the government had informed the
court that the inquiry would be completed and factual report
filed within six months.
Kuruvilla in his petition said even after lapse of three
years, the direction had not been complied with.
In reply, SP Vigilance, informed the court that if the
allegation of amassment of wealth was found to be true and
departmental action will also be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!