Vigilance probe against IGP should be completed soon: HC
Kochi: Kerala High Court today directed the
state vigilance to expeditiously complete the investigation
against suspended IGP Tomin J Thachankery, facing various
charges, including amassment of wealth, and submit the final
report in the court.
Justice R Basant passed the order while disposing a
contempt petition by Boby Kuruvilla of Alapuzha alleging
inaction on the part of vigilance in completing the inquiry
against Thachankery, who was suspended for undertaking a
foreign trip without informing the state government.
Earlier, on Jan 27, 2007, the government had informed the
court that the inquiry would be completed and factual report
filed within six months.
Kuruvilla in his petition said even after lapse of three
years, the direction had not been complied with.
In reply, SP Vigilance, informed the court that if the
allegation of amassment of wealth was found to be true and
departmental action will also be taken.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi