Vigilance probe against Joseph politically motivated: Kerala Cong
Thrissur: The proposed Vigilance probe against
former PWD minister P J Joseph is `politically motivated`,
KPCC President, Ramesh Chennithala said here today.
Addressing a meet-the-press programme at Thrissur press
club here, he said Joseph was deemed perfect when he was with
the LDF for the last 20 years. However, when he left the
CPI(M) led front to merge his party with Kerala Congress (M),
the ruling Left Democratic Front was initiating vigilance
probe againsthim. "This is political vengeance`, he charged.
To a query on UDF favouring a vigilance inquiry against
Joseph, he said neither Congress nor UDF was against vigilance
investigations against anybody.
Chennithala said he did not believe either Catholic Bishops
of kerala or the church exerted any pressure on the merger of
KC(J) with KC(M).
He said the LDF government had lost its credibility,
leading to the front partners leaving it one by one. they were
deserting the front due to CPI(M)`s autocratic stand on
various issues, he charged.
Earlier,he inaugurated a picketing by Congress workers here
against the 4-year `misrule` by the LDF government.
Congress workers will picket the secretariat at
Thiruvanathapuram tomorrow to protest against LDF government`s
`maladministration and anti-people policies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Karisma Kapoor's estranged hubby Sanjay Kapur to marry long-time girlfriend?