Vigilance probe against Joseph politically motivated: Kerala Cong
Thrissur: The proposed Vigilance probe against
former PWD minister P J Joseph is `politically motivated`,
KPCC President, Ramesh Chennithala said here today.
Addressing a meet-the-press programme at Thrissur press
club here, he said Joseph was deemed perfect when he was with
the LDF for the last 20 years. However, when he left the
CPI(M) led front to merge his party with Kerala Congress (M),
the ruling Left Democratic Front was initiating vigilance
probe againsthim. "This is political vengeance`, he charged.
To a query on UDF favouring a vigilance inquiry against
Joseph, he said neither Congress nor UDF was against vigilance
investigations against anybody.
Chennithala said he did not believe either Catholic Bishops
of kerala or the church exerted any pressure on the merger of
KC(J) with KC(M).
He said the LDF government had lost its credibility,
leading to the front partners leaving it one by one. they were
deserting the front due to CPI(M)`s autocratic stand on
various issues, he charged.
Earlier,he inaugurated a picketing by Congress workers here
against the 4-year `misrule` by the LDF government.
Congress workers will picket the secretariat at
Thiruvanathapuram tomorrow to protest against LDF government`s
`maladministration and anti-people policies, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested