Vigilance probe against Joseph politically motivated: Kerala Cong
Thrissur: The proposed Vigilance probe against
former PWD minister P J Joseph is `politically motivated`,
KPCC President, Ramesh Chennithala said here today.
Addressing a meet-the-press programme at Thrissur press
club here, he said Joseph was deemed perfect when he was with
the LDF for the last 20 years. However, when he left the
CPI(M) led front to merge his party with Kerala Congress (M),
the ruling Left Democratic Front was initiating vigilance
probe againsthim. "This is political vengeance`, he charged.
To a query on UDF favouring a vigilance inquiry against
Joseph, he said neither Congress nor UDF was against vigilance
investigations against anybody.
Chennithala said he did not believe either Catholic Bishops
of kerala or the church exerted any pressure on the merger of
KC(J) with KC(M).
He said the LDF government had lost its credibility,
leading to the front partners leaving it one by one. they were
deserting the front due to CPI(M)`s autocratic stand on
various issues, he charged.
Earlier,he inaugurated a picketing by Congress workers here
against the 4-year `misrule` by the LDF government.
Congress workers will picket the secretariat at
Thiruvanathapuram tomorrow to protest against LDF government`s
`maladministration and anti-people policies, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’