Vigilance probe against Joseph politically motivated: Kerala Cong
Thrissur: The proposed Vigilance probe against
former PWD minister P J Joseph is `politically motivated`,
KPCC President, Ramesh Chennithala said here today.
Addressing a meet-the-press programme at Thrissur press
club here, he said Joseph was deemed perfect when he was with
the LDF for the last 20 years. However, when he left the
CPI(M) led front to merge his party with Kerala Congress (M),
the ruling Left Democratic Front was initiating vigilance
probe againsthim. "This is political vengeance`, he charged.
To a query on UDF favouring a vigilance inquiry against
Joseph, he said neither Congress nor UDF was against vigilance
investigations against anybody.
Chennithala said he did not believe either Catholic Bishops
of kerala or the church exerted any pressure on the merger of
KC(J) with KC(M).
He said the LDF government had lost its credibility,
leading to the front partners leaving it one by one. they were
deserting the front due to CPI(M)`s autocratic stand on
various issues, he charged.
Earlier,he inaugurated a picketing by Congress workers here
against the 4-year `misrule` by the LDF government.
Congress workers will picket the secretariat at
Thiruvanathapuram tomorrow to protest against LDF government`s
`maladministration and anti-people policies, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply