Vigilance probe recommends case against VS
Thiruvananthapuram: A vigilance probe has recommended registering a case against VS Achuthanandan and seven others for alleged irregularities in assigning 2.33 acres of land to a relative of the former Kerala chief minister in a village in Kasargode district during the previous LDF rule.
Official sources said the FIR of the probe found fault in
allotting land in Sherny village to K P Soman, an
ex-serviceman and had recommended registering a case against former revenue
minister KP Rajendran; Sheela Thomas, the then principal
secretary to the chief minister; K R Muraleedharan, the then
land revenue commissioner; and three other persons, including
a personal staff of Achuthanandan.
The report, to be submitted in the Kozhikode Vigilance
Court later this week, also found that efforts were made to
reduce the time limit for the sales transaction from 25 years
to three years, they said.
The sources said the cabinet had ordered a vigilance
probe on June 1 last year after it quashed the land assignment
and transaction order. The land was assigned to Soman on June
10, 2010 and the order for relaxation in transaction was taken
on February 2011, they said.
The UDF had raised the matter in the run up to the
assembly polls last year when it was in the Opposition.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan