Vigilance to file FIR against Achuthanandan
Thiruvananthapuram: Vigilance police in Kerala will file an FIR in a Kozhikode court on Friday against CPI-M veteran VS Achuthanandan over alleged irregularities in
assigning land to a relative when he was chief minister.
The Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau (VACB) sources said Achuthanandan would be arraigned as the first accused in the case in which seven others including CPI leader and former minister KP Rajendran and some IAS officers are also to be
listed as accused.
The investigating agency had on Wednesday recommended registering a case against 87-year old Achuthanandan and others after a probe ordered last year found that assigning of land to ex-service personnel TK Soman involved alleged gross irregularities.
The charges to be brought against the accused would be for offences such as nepotism, corruption, conspiracy, cheating and destruction of evidence, Vigilance sources said.
After registering the case, VACB would conduct a detailed probe before filing the charge sheet against the accused.
Meanwhile, seizing on the issue, UDF demanded resignation of Achuthanandan as the Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly.
UDF Convener PP Thankachan said political morality warranted Achuthanandan to step down as Opposition Leader.
Achuthanandan had yesterday hit back at the UDF government alleging political motive behind the action against him, but the UDF Government has rejected the charge.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!