Vijayan did not inform cabinet on deal: CBI
Thiruvananthapuram: The CBI has informed a special court here that there is evidence to link state CPI-M secretary and former power minister Pinarayi Vijayan to a corruption case.
CBI in an affidavit filed yesterday in the court in connection with alleged irregularities in awarding the renovation contract of three hydroelectric projects, said Vijayan had not informed the cabinet about all facts of the deal.
The affidavit was filed against Vijayan`s petition, seeking to discharge him from the case.
CBI in June 2012 had filed charge sheets against nine accused in the Rs 374 crore case related to awarding of contract to Canada-based SNC Lavalin company.
The deal was finalised when Vijayan was Power Minister in 1997. He was the seventh accused in the case.
CBI also pointed out that Vijayan had gone ahead with the agreement despite being asked not to do so by the then power secretary.
The court posted the matter for further hearing on August 7.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured