Vijayan did not inform cabinet on deal: CBI
Thiruvananthapuram: The CBI has informed a special court here that there is evidence to link state CPI-M secretary and former power minister Pinarayi Vijayan to a corruption case.
CBI in an affidavit filed yesterday in the court in connection with alleged irregularities in awarding the renovation contract of three hydroelectric projects, said Vijayan had not informed the cabinet about all facts of the deal.
The affidavit was filed against Vijayan`s petition, seeking to discharge him from the case.
CBI in June 2012 had filed charge sheets against nine accused in the Rs 374 crore case related to awarding of contract to Canada-based SNC Lavalin company.
The deal was finalised when Vijayan was Power Minister in 1997. He was the seventh accused in the case.
CBI also pointed out that Vijayan had gone ahead with the agreement despite being asked not to do so by the then power secretary.
The court posted the matter for further hearing on August 7.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing