Vijayan did not inform cabinet on deal: CBI
Thiruvananthapuram: The CBI has informed a special court here that there is evidence to link state CPI-M secretary and former power minister Pinarayi Vijayan to a corruption case.
CBI in an affidavit filed yesterday in the court in connection with alleged irregularities in awarding the renovation contract of three hydroelectric projects, said Vijayan had not informed the cabinet about all facts of the deal.
The affidavit was filed against Vijayan`s petition, seeking to discharge him from the case.
CBI in June 2012 had filed charge sheets against nine accused in the Rs 374 crore case related to awarding of contract to Canada-based SNC Lavalin company.
The deal was finalised when Vijayan was Power Minister in 1997. He was the seventh accused in the case.
CBI also pointed out that Vijayan had gone ahead with the agreement despite being asked not to do so by the then power secretary.
The court posted the matter for further hearing on August 7.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know