Vijayan downplays Achuthanandan`s dig
Thiruvananthapuram: CPI-M Kerala unit secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday played down certain loaded comments made by senior leader VS Achuthanandan against his detractors in the party during a rally.
Addressing a public meeting marking the conclusion of the party`s state conference here last night, 87-year-old Achuthanandan had said "nobody need think that they can threaten and silence me with capital punishment".
The remark was widely seen as a veiled reference to the sharp attack on him by the supporters of Vijayan at the delegates` meet of the conference.
When his reaction was sought, Vijayan told reporters here today that "linking VS`s statement with the deliberations at the conference is your (media`s) interpretation."
What Achuthanandan actually meant was that the UDF Government did not entertain any illusion that the CPI(M) could be cowed down by foisting false cases on them, alluding to vigilance case in the land transfer issue, he said.
"It is not the practice of the CPI-M leaders to speak
openly about what has transpired in the party conferences. Do
you think that a leader like Achuthanandan is not aware of
such organisational norms?" he asked.
Vijayan, re-elected as the CPI(M)`s state secretary for the
fourth time, said the conferences had worked out an action
plan to strengthen and extend the party`s support to all
sections of society, especially among minorities.
The lower units would be imparted added momentum to win
support of various sections outside the immediate periphery
of the party cadre, members of class and mass organisations
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday