Vijayan instigating partymen: Mullapally
Kozhikode: Union Minister of State for Home Mullapally Ramachandran on Friday slammed CPI-M Kerala unit secretary Vijayan for remarks made while attacking the ruling UDF in the state, saying it amounted to a call for party activists to indulge in violence.
Vijayan had stated at a public meeting that the CPI(M) would become a `fireball` if it was targeted for attack by the UDF and Congress. `It was a call to the party activists to take law into their own hands,` he told reporters here.
Lashing out at Vijayan, he alleged the CPI-M leader behaving like an `imbalanced` man, after the recent brutal and heinous murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader and rebel Marxist T P Chandrasekharan.
CPI(M) needs a "cleaning" process, he said, adding the leader of opposition V S Achuthanandan was carrying out the same.
Ramachandran also rejected allegations that he had intervened in the probe into Chandrasekharan`s murder and said the investigation was moving in the right direction.
`The team of police officials inquiring the murder is very efficient and I am hopeful that they would bring to book the culprits and the conspirators behind the murder,` he said.
Those taken into custody in connection with the murder were either CPI(M) activists or have connections with the party, he alleged, adding `the probe in the case was moving to the party leadership`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30