Vijayan instigating partymen: Mullapally
Kozhikode: Union Minister of State for Home Mullapally Ramachandran on Friday slammed CPI-M Kerala unit secretary Vijayan for remarks made while attacking the ruling UDF in the state, saying it amounted to a call for party activists to indulge in violence.
Vijayan had stated at a public meeting that the CPI(M) would become a `fireball` if it was targeted for attack by the UDF and Congress. `It was a call to the party activists to take law into their own hands,` he told reporters here.
Lashing out at Vijayan, he alleged the CPI-M leader behaving like an `imbalanced` man, after the recent brutal and heinous murder of Revolutionary Marxist Party leader and rebel Marxist T P Chandrasekharan.
CPI(M) needs a "cleaning" process, he said, adding the leader of opposition V S Achuthanandan was carrying out the same.
Ramachandran also rejected allegations that he had intervened in the probe into Chandrasekharan`s murder and said the investigation was moving in the right direction.
`The team of police officials inquiring the murder is very efficient and I am hopeful that they would bring to book the culprits and the conspirators behind the murder,` he said.
Those taken into custody in connection with the murder were either CPI(M) activists or have connections with the party, he alleged, adding `the probe in the case was moving to the party leadership`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal