Vizag blast: Toll rises to 17
Visakhapatnam: The death toll in last week`s explosion at the Visakhapatnam Steel Plant (VSP) has gone up to 17, with one of the injured officials succumbing to injuries on Wednesday.
Deputy Manager of VSP Ch Prabhakara Rao succumbed to burn injuries this morning while undergoing treatment at a corporate hospital here, hospital sources said.
The explosion had occurred at the `oxygen control unit` near the Steel Melting Shop-II at Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) on the night of June 13.
The Andhra Pradesh government had later ordered an inquiry into the explosion.
VSP General Manager (Projects) D S Kalsi and a private company employee R Bhattacharya, who were also injured in the blast, are undergoing treatment at a hospital in Mumbai.
A Central team comprising former Steel Authority of India Limited chairman S R Jain, chairman of Metallurgical and Engineering Consultants (MECON) K K Mehrotra and the HoD of the department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Delhi, is scheduled to visit the plant today.
VSP CMD A P Choudhary had told reporters yesterday that the committee would probe the details and the causes behind the explosion and submit its report before July 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi