VM Sudheeran demands CBI probe in Chandrasekharan case
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress leader and former Kerala minister VM Sudheeran on Saturday extended support to the demand for a CBI probe in the T P Chandrasekharan murder case.
In the wake of demands increasing for a CBI probe to expose the conspiracy that lead to the murder of the Revolutionary Marxist Party leader, a decision in the matter should not be delayed, Sudheeran said in a letter to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
He also referred to the decision of Chandrasekharan`s widow K K Rema to go on an indefinite fast demanding CBI probe in front of the Secretariat from February 3.
Sudheeran said a decision over CBI inquiry should be taken before Rema goes on fast. "It is not proper to delay a decision on the issue," he said.
He also send a copy of his letter to KPCC President and State Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala.
Opposition leader and CPI-M veteran V S Achuthanandan had yesterday supported the demand for CBI probe into the murder.
Special Additional Sessions Court, Kozhikode, had recently convicted 12 persons, including 3 CPI-M workers, in connection with the case and reserved orders for January 28,to pronounce the quantum of punishment.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M activist, was hacked to death at Onchiyam near Kozhikode on May 4, 2012.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray