Voting underway for Vizag bypoll
Visakhapatnam: All arrangements are in place for smooth and fair bypoll for Payakaraopeta (SC) Assembly constituency, voting for which is underway on Tuesday.
The polling began at 0800 hours and will close at 1700 hours and the counting will take place on June 15 from 0800 hours, Election Officer and District Collector Lav Agarwal told reporters.
Payakaroapeta (SC) constituency has an electorate of 2,02,681 with 1,02,790 women and 271 service-voters, Agarwal said.
As many as 231 polling stations will be set up and micro-observer will be placed at every polling station to oversee the election process, he said.
Sufficient EVMs are available for the election for all the 231 polling stations. Video graph and web casting has been set up in every polling station.
SP, Visakhapatnam (Rural), G Srinivasa Rao said more than 2,000 police personnel have been deployed for the election bandobust.
He said so far 16 cases were booked for violation the model code of conduct, while Rs 51 lakh cash, 4,146 cellphones and 2,702 liquor bottles were seized by police in the constituency.
Striking forces have been deployed in all the four mandals and check-posts in the constituency will be under police surveillance, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing