Voting underway for Vizag bypoll
Visakhapatnam: All arrangements are in place for smooth and fair bypoll for Payakaraopeta (SC) Assembly constituency, voting for which is underway on Tuesday.
The polling began at 0800 hours and will close at 1700 hours and the counting will take place on June 15 from 0800 hours, Election Officer and District Collector Lav Agarwal told reporters.
Payakaroapeta (SC) constituency has an electorate of 2,02,681 with 1,02,790 women and 271 service-voters, Agarwal said.
As many as 231 polling stations will be set up and micro-observer will be placed at every polling station to oversee the election process, he said.
Sufficient EVMs are available for the election for all the 231 polling stations. Video graph and web casting has been set up in every polling station.
SP, Visakhapatnam (Rural), G Srinivasa Rao said more than 2,000 police personnel have been deployed for the election bandobust.
He said so far 16 cases were booked for violation the model code of conduct, while Rs 51 lakh cash, 4,146 cellphones and 2,702 liquor bottles were seized by police in the constituency.
Striking forces have been deployed in all the four mandals and check-posts in the constituency will be under police surveillance, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir