Voting underway for Vizag bypoll
Visakhapatnam: All arrangements are in place for smooth and fair bypoll for Payakaraopeta (SC) Assembly constituency, voting for which is underway on Tuesday.
The polling began at 0800 hours and will close at 1700 hours and the counting will take place on June 15 from 0800 hours, Election Officer and District Collector Lav Agarwal told reporters.
Payakaroapeta (SC) constituency has an electorate of 2,02,681 with 1,02,790 women and 271 service-voters, Agarwal said.
As many as 231 polling stations will be set up and micro-observer will be placed at every polling station to oversee the election process, he said.
Sufficient EVMs are available for the election for all the 231 polling stations. Video graph and web casting has been set up in every polling station.
SP, Visakhapatnam (Rural), G Srinivasa Rao said more than 2,000 police personnel have been deployed for the election bandobust.
He said so far 16 cases were booked for violation the model code of conduct, while Rs 51 lakh cash, 4,146 cellphones and 2,702 liquor bottles were seized by police in the constituency.
Striking forces have been deployed in all the four mandals and check-posts in the constituency will be under police surveillance, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof