Voting underway for Vizag bypoll
Visakhapatnam: All arrangements are in place for smooth and fair bypoll for Payakaraopeta (SC) Assembly constituency, voting for which is underway on Tuesday.
The polling began at 0800 hours and will close at 1700 hours and the counting will take place on June 15 from 0800 hours, Election Officer and District Collector Lav Agarwal told reporters.
Payakaroapeta (SC) constituency has an electorate of 2,02,681 with 1,02,790 women and 271 service-voters, Agarwal said.
As many as 231 polling stations will be set up and micro-observer will be placed at every polling station to oversee the election process, he said.
Sufficient EVMs are available for the election for all the 231 polling stations. Video graph and web casting has been set up in every polling station.
SP, Visakhapatnam (Rural), G Srinivasa Rao said more than 2,000 police personnel have been deployed for the election bandobust.
He said so far 16 cases were booked for violation the model code of conduct, while Rs 51 lakh cash, 4,146 cellphones and 2,702 liquor bottles were seized by police in the constituency.
Striking forces have been deployed in all the four mandals and check-posts in the constituency will be under police surveillance, he said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank