VS Achuthanandan hints he won`t surrender to CPI-M
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Kerala Chief Minister VS Achuthanandan, facing the heat from his CPI-M, indicated Tuesday that he was not ready to go down without a fight.
At a meeting here Monday of the Communist Party of India-Marxist`s state committee, 43 of 53 members sought "tough action" against him for his frequent outbursts against state party secretary P Vijayan.
According to some reports, critics of the 89-year-old Achuthanandan wanted him axed as the leader of the opposition.
On Tuesday, when he reached the media room in the Kerala assembly, he told the media not to ask questions about the party.
When asked if he is going to be removed as leader of the opposition, Achuthanandan, who by then had got up, stopped and shot back: "Don`t worry, I certainly have an answer to this."
He went on: "If needed, I can answer this question now itself."
But other leaders of the Left Democratic Front who were with him requested the veteran not to speak on the subject. He agreed, but said: "I can tell you tomorrow."
This is not the first time that Achuthanandan is taking on his party. Until now, he has emerged the winner.
Last month, he managed to spike the decision of the state committee to oust three staff members attached to his office after help from unexpected quarters both from the CPI-M politburo and central committee.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest