‘VS approached HC over sex scandal for publicity’
Kozhikode: A day after V S Achuthanandan approached the Kerala High Court seeking a CBI probe into the ice cream parlour sex scandal, state Industries Minister P K Kunhalikutty on Saturday, claimed the CPI-M veteran had done it for "publicity purpose".
Kunhalikutty, whose relative K A Rauf had alleged that the IUML leader had tried to influence witnesses in the sex scandal, told reporters that for the past 10-15 years, Achuthanandan has been doing "something or other for publicity purpose".
"There is nothing in it," he said, referring to the leader of Opposition approaching the court.
Achuthanandan was under "severe tension" as he and his son V Arunkumar are facing "various allegations", including a land deal case at Kasargod district, Kunhalikutty said.
The IUML leader also alleged that Achuthanandan was creating a "smokescreen" ahead of the CPI-M party congress.
Achuthanandan had submitted in court yesterday that, during the past seven months, no investigation was done in the case registered on the basis of statements by Rauf, who later fell out of Kunhalikutty`s favour.
Rauf had alleged that Kunhalikutty used money power and him (Rauf) to influence witnesses, prosecutors, social workers and judicial officers to escape from the ice cream parlour sex case.
The sex scandal had rocked Kerala in the late 1990s, when it came to light that an ice cream parlour in Kozhikode was being used to lure women into prostitution. There were
allegations about Kunhalikutty`s involvement in the case, but he did not figure as accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India