VS demands resignation of Chief Minister Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: With the solar panel scam linked to Chief Minister Oommen Chandy`s office hotting up, CPI-M veteran and Opposition leader VS Achuthanandan today demanded his resignation and a judicial enquiry into the whole issue.
"As the CM`s office and Chief Minister himself is under a cloud of allegation, the investigation being carried out by ADGP (South Zone) is inadequate. Only a judicial probe would bring out the truth," he told reporters here.
He alleged that the UDF ministry has become a cheating company and warned that LDF would launch an agitation in support of its demand for a judicial probe.
Achuthanandan alleged that telephone calls were being made from the landline in the Chief Minister`s office to Saritha Nair, the woman arrested in connection with the scam, and that she had also made calls to the office.
"Under the circumstances, Chandy should explain his relation with Saritha Nair. Chandy is trying to put the blame on two personnel staff-- Tenny Joppan and gunman Slim Raj, whom he removed after the scam broke out", Achuthanandan said.
He also said Chandy appointed Salim Raj, ignoring an intelligence report that he had a criminal background.
LDF Opposition has been raking up this issue in the assembly during the past few days.
The allegation involving the CM`s office came to the fore after media reported the telephone calls made by the two staff members to Saritha Nair.
The woman was arrested in June 3 in connection with the financial cheating cases registered against her. She is now in judicial custody.
She and her estranged husband Biju Radhkrishnan, who is absconding had allegedly cheated a number of potential clients to the tune of crores of Rupees.
They promised to put up windmill farms and install solar panels in their buildings in return for large sums of money.
Since 2000, Saritha has allegedly been involved in more than 13 cases of cheating.
Meanwhile, police raided the house of Biju Radhakrishnan, the first accused in the case, at nearby Kottarakkara and the office of Saritha Nair in Thripunithura in Ernakulam district.
The raid was conducted as per the order of ADGP Hemachandran, head of the special investigating team entrusted to nab Biju, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?