Wait till next CC, say VS Achuthanandan on rivals move to oust him as Oppn leader
Thiruvananthapuram: Unfazed by the move of his rivals in the party to get him ousted as opposition leader in Kerala, CPI(M) veteran VS Achuthanandan on Monday said the next meeting of the party`s Central Committee would take a decision on it "either way."
"Wait till the next meeting of the Central Committee, scheduled for April. The CC will take a decision either way. Wait till then," he told reporters.
Achuthanandan, however, said "my understanding is that the CC is seized of the situation (of the party in the state) thoroughly," he said.
The CPI(M) state committee, dominated by its secretary Pinarayi Vijayan`s faction, last week decided to seek the central leadership`s clearance for ousting Achuthanandan as the opposition leader in the state assembly, charging him with "serious breach of party discipline."
The state committee had even adopted a resolution in this regard with the majority of its members supporting.
The faction loyal to Vijayan has been pressing the central leadership for quite some time to take a serious view of breach of party norms and discipline by Achuthanandan of making open comments against the leadership in the state.
Recently, he stunned the party establishment by stating in a television interview that he was dropped from the politburo for stating the truth regarding an old corruption case in which Vijayan has been arraigned as an accused.
He had also rubbished an internal party report which accused three of his personal staff members of leaking party information to the media.
Though the state unit recommended action against the trio, including Achuthanandan`s press secretary, the senior leader strongly intervened and got the action frozen by the central leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!