Why Marad SIT was dismantled? Kerala HC asks govt
Kochi: Kerala High Court on Friday directed the
government to furnish details from the state police chief on why the Marad Special Investigation Team (SIT) was dismantled during the pendency of of the case and all its members, including the team head, C M Pradeep Kumar, were transferred.
The direction was issued by Justices C N Ramachandran Nair
and Babu P Joseph Mathew on a petition by Kollakadan Moosa
Haji, complaining that state`s move is to paralyse
investigation of the Marad case.
The court also clarified that if the investigation was not
complete, the police chief would state as to why the court
should not order reconstitution of the same team with the same
members for completion of the investigation.
Recently, the SIT chief C M Pradeep Kumar was transferred
to Kerala Human Rights Commission, following which the
functioning of SIT has come to a standstill.
SIT was constituted to probe the larger conspiracy behind
the second Marad carnage in the coastal village in Kozhikode
in 2003 in which 8 persons were killed.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- These five super-foods will help you lose weight in the summer!
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy