Widow of former CPI-M leader wants CBI probe into husband`s murder
Kozhikode (Kerala): KK Rema, wife of slain former CPI-M leader T.P. Chandrasekheran, has sought a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe to unravel the "conspiracy" behind her husband`s gruesome murder a year ago.
Rema, a bank employee, said that her demand was pending with the Oommen Chandy government, which she was hopeful would accede to her request.
"The trial of the murder is progressing well, and the police has done a good job. We expect the verdict on the murder case to come in about two months. Once it comes, we will again approach the Chandy government. If they do not go ahead with the CBI probe, we will approach the court seeking it, because the conspiracy angle has to come out," Rema told a news agency.
Chandrasekharan`s Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP), which he founded in 2009 after exiting the CPI-M, organised a massive programme Saturday to mark his first death anniversary.
An eight-foot-tall model of the slain leader was unveiled at Rema`s residence, where a mammoth crowd had gathered.
Chandrasekheran was ousted in 2008 by the CPI-M after he became the proverbial thorn in the side of the party in Kozhikode district.
As the 51-year-old was returning home near Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, he was hacked 51 times by a group of armed gangsters on May 4, 2012.
In all, 76 people were arrested and the trial is underway at a lower court near Kozhikode.
Among those arrested are state, district and local level leaders of the CPI-M, including the husband of a party legislator.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself