Widow of former CPI-M leader wants CBI probe into husband`s murder
Kozhikode (Kerala): KK Rema, wife of slain former CPI-M leader T.P. Chandrasekheran, has sought a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe to unravel the "conspiracy" behind her husband`s gruesome murder a year ago.
Rema, a bank employee, said that her demand was pending with the Oommen Chandy government, which she was hopeful would accede to her request.
"The trial of the murder is progressing well, and the police has done a good job. We expect the verdict on the murder case to come in about two months. Once it comes, we will again approach the Chandy government. If they do not go ahead with the CBI probe, we will approach the court seeking it, because the conspiracy angle has to come out," Rema told a news agency.
Chandrasekharan`s Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP), which he founded in 2009 after exiting the CPI-M, organised a massive programme Saturday to mark his first death anniversary.
An eight-foot-tall model of the slain leader was unveiled at Rema`s residence, where a mammoth crowd had gathered.
Chandrasekheran was ousted in 2008 by the CPI-M after he became the proverbial thorn in the side of the party in Kozhikode district.
As the 51-year-old was returning home near Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, he was hacked 51 times by a group of armed gangsters on May 4, 2012.
In all, 76 people were arrested and the trial is underway at a lower court near Kozhikode.
Among those arrested are state, district and local level leaders of the CPI-M, including the husband of a party legislator.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?