Widow of former CPI-M leader wants CBI probe into husband`s murder
Kozhikode (Kerala): KK Rema, wife of slain former CPI-M leader T.P. Chandrasekheran, has sought a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe to unravel the "conspiracy" behind her husband`s gruesome murder a year ago.
Rema, a bank employee, said that her demand was pending with the Oommen Chandy government, which she was hopeful would accede to her request.
"The trial of the murder is progressing well, and the police has done a good job. We expect the verdict on the murder case to come in about two months. Once it comes, we will again approach the Chandy government. If they do not go ahead with the CBI probe, we will approach the court seeking it, because the conspiracy angle has to come out," Rema told a news agency.
Chandrasekharan`s Revolutionary Marxist Party (RMP), which he founded in 2009 after exiting the CPI-M, organised a massive programme Saturday to mark his first death anniversary.
An eight-foot-tall model of the slain leader was unveiled at Rema`s residence, where a mammoth crowd had gathered.
Chandrasekheran was ousted in 2008 by the CPI-M after he became the proverbial thorn in the side of the party in Kozhikode district.
As the 51-year-old was returning home near Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, he was hacked 51 times by a group of armed gangsters on May 4, 2012.
In all, 76 people were arrested and the trial is underway at a lower court near Kozhikode.
Among those arrested are state, district and local level leaders of the CPI-M, including the husband of a party legislator.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli