Wife of slain rebel CPI(M) leader deposes before court
Kozhikode: The wife of rebel Marxist leader T P Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death last year, deposed before a district and sessions court here on Monday.
Appearing before the Special Additional District and Sessions Court (Marad cases) here K K Rema alleged that local CPI(M) leaders, who are accused in the case, harboured strong hatred and enmity against her husband ever since he had left the party and launched Revolutionary Marxist Party.
She broke down when asked to identify the personal belongings of Chandrasekharan.
Four witnesses including a Sub-Inspector, Vadakara, P M Manoj, who registered the FIR have so far been examined and cross-examined in court.
The trial in the case commenced on Feb 11. About 280 witnesses are scheduled to be examined till April 17.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M leader from the party stronghold Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, was killed by a seven-member gang at Vallikkad near Vatakara on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes
- Setback for Arvind Kejriwal as Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan for threatening woman
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?