Wife of slain rebel CPI(M) leader deposes before court
Kozhikode: The wife of rebel Marxist leader T P Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death last year, deposed before a district and sessions court here on Monday.
Appearing before the Special Additional District and Sessions Court (Marad cases) here K K Rema alleged that local CPI(M) leaders, who are accused in the case, harboured strong hatred and enmity against her husband ever since he had left the party and launched Revolutionary Marxist Party.
She broke down when asked to identify the personal belongings of Chandrasekharan.
Four witnesses including a Sub-Inspector, Vadakara, P M Manoj, who registered the FIR have so far been examined and cross-examined in court.
The trial in the case commenced on Feb 11. About 280 witnesses are scheduled to be examined till April 17.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M leader from the party stronghold Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, was killed by a seven-member gang at Vallikkad near Vatakara on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why