Wife of slain rebel CPI(M) leader deposes before court
Kozhikode: The wife of rebel Marxist leader T P Chandrasekharan, who was hacked to death last year, deposed before a district and sessions court here on Monday.
Appearing before the Special Additional District and Sessions Court (Marad cases) here K K Rema alleged that local CPI(M) leaders, who are accused in the case, harboured strong hatred and enmity against her husband ever since he had left the party and launched Revolutionary Marxist Party.
She broke down when asked to identify the personal belongings of Chandrasekharan.
Four witnesses including a Sub-Inspector, Vadakara, P M Manoj, who registered the FIR have so far been examined and cross-examined in court.
The trial in the case commenced on Feb 11. About 280 witnesses are scheduled to be examined till April 17.
Chandrasekharan, a former CPI-M leader from the party stronghold Onchiyam in Kozhikode district, was killed by a seven-member gang at Vallikkad near Vatakara on May 4.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read