Will abide by SC order on temple wealth: Kerala CM
Hyderabad: Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy on Wednesday said his government would go by the verdict of
the Supreme Court on the wealth of Sri Padmanabha Swamy temple
"We want to keep the wealth within the temple. We will
give full security to protect it," Chandy told reporters at
the Hyderabad Press Club.
"Whatever has to be done will be done as per the
Supreme Court orders," he said when asked if the wealth would
be kept in a museum.
The wealth belonged to the temple, he asserted, adding
that the credibility of the Thiruvananthapuram royal family
was also "very high".
Replying to a question, Chandy said he did not agree
with CPM leader Pinarayi Vijayan`s views on the issue.
On BJP`s efforts to project Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi as the next Prime Minister, the Kerala Chief
Minister remarked, "I am not a national leader...But I can say
that Congress is the only party that can deliver and keep the
On his government`s efforts to curb micro-finance
institutions in the state, Chandy said a new law might be
enacted to curb the illegal activities of the financiers.
"There are a lot of allegations of cheating against
the MFIs. Legal steps are required to check this," he pointed
Responding to a query on the termination of Kochi
Tuskers Kerala team`s contract with Indian Premier League, the
Chief Minister noted: "We want Kochi in the IPL but they
(BCCI) have their own rules and limitations."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`