Will abide by SC order on temple wealth: Kerala CM
Hyderabad: Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy on Wednesday said his government would go by the verdict of
the Supreme Court on the wealth of Sri Padmanabha Swamy temple
"We want to keep the wealth within the temple. We will
give full security to protect it," Chandy told reporters at
the Hyderabad Press Club.
"Whatever has to be done will be done as per the
Supreme Court orders," he said when asked if the wealth would
be kept in a museum.
The wealth belonged to the temple, he asserted, adding
that the credibility of the Thiruvananthapuram royal family
was also "very high".
Replying to a question, Chandy said he did not agree
with CPM leader Pinarayi Vijayan`s views on the issue.
On BJP`s efforts to project Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi as the next Prime Minister, the Kerala Chief
Minister remarked, "I am not a national leader...But I can say
that Congress is the only party that can deliver and keep the
On his government`s efforts to curb micro-finance
institutions in the state, Chandy said a new law might be
enacted to curb the illegal activities of the financiers.
"There are a lot of allegations of cheating against
the MFIs. Legal steps are required to check this," he pointed
Responding to a query on the termination of Kochi
Tuskers Kerala team`s contract with Indian Premier League, the
Chief Minister noted: "We want Kochi in the IPL but they
(BCCI) have their own rules and limitations."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez