`Will fight Suryanelli case till big fish are convicted`
New Delhi: Welcoming the Supreme Court ruling in Suryanelli case, a women`s body on Friday said that they will continue to fight the case till all perpetrators are brought to book.
"We welcome the Supreme Court`s decision in this case. Proper action should be taken against the accused," general secretary All India Democratic Women`s Association Sudha Sundararaman said here.
The apex court has yesterday set aside Kerala High Court`s order acquitting 35 accused in the Suryanelli gang-rape case of 1996 in which a 16-year-old girl was gang-raped for over 40 days.
The Kerala State president of AIDWA TN Seema visited the victim and her family after the SC decision and assured them of support, President All India Democratic Women`s Association Subhashini Ali said in a statement.
"We have assured them that AIDWA would fight the case till justice was done and until the big fish among the accused, like Congress leader P Kurien, are convicted," it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman