`Will fight Suryanelli case till big fish are convicted`
New Delhi: Welcoming the Supreme Court ruling in Suryanelli case, a women`s body on Friday said that they will continue to fight the case till all perpetrators are brought to book.
"We welcome the Supreme Court`s decision in this case. Proper action should be taken against the accused," general secretary All India Democratic Women`s Association Sudha Sundararaman said here.
The apex court has yesterday set aside Kerala High Court`s order acquitting 35 accused in the Suryanelli gang-rape case of 1996 in which a 16-year-old girl was gang-raped for over 40 days.
The Kerala State president of AIDWA TN Seema visited the victim and her family after the SC decision and assured them of support, President All India Democratic Women`s Association Subhashini Ali said in a statement.
"We have assured them that AIDWA would fight the case till justice was done and until the big fish among the accused, like Congress leader P Kurien, are convicted," it said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- UEFA confirms four champions league places to Europe's top 4 domestic leagues
- Gold price falls by Rs 100 to Rs 31,150 per ten grams
- Jacqueline Fernandez to walk for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41