Will remain loyal to Congress: Ramachandran
Kochi: Suspended Congress leader and former
Kerala Minister K K Ramachandran today said even if he was
thrown out of the party, he would continue to remain a loyal
"Even if I am thrown out of the congress, I will continue
to remain a loyal Congressman`, Ramachandran said, a day
after he was suspended for six years for "anti-party
activities" by AICC.
"I am today what I am, because of Congress," Ramachandran,
who started his political career as an ordinary Congress
worker and rose to become minister, told reporters here.
Miffed at being denied a seat for the Apr 13 Assembly
polls, Ramachandran had criticised the candidate selection
process and had come out openly against Opposition leader
Oommen Chandy and Kerala PCC chief Chennithala,making
controversial statements against them.
Ramachandran said he had been suspended for levelling
corruption charges against leaders of Congress-led UDF.
He was not against the congress and had not criticised
Party president Sonia Gandhi or any other leader, he added.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today