`Will request PM to inaugurate work on Kochi Metro`
Thiruvanathapuram: Kerala government would request Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to inaugurate work on Kochi Metro during `Emerging Kerala Global meet` scheduled at Kochi in September, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Wednesay.
"It is our wish that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurate work on Kochi Metro and we will request him to do so," he told reporters after a cabinet meeting here.
Chandy said a meeting of Kochi Metro would be held on July 10 to discuss the other formalities to implement the project in the wake of clearance given by the Centre.
He said E Sreedharan, chairman of Delhi Metro Development Corporation, the implementing agency, would attend the meeting.
Chandy said the government did not forsee any problem on land acquisition and added that the compensation package for those displaced would be decided by the state.
He said the cabinet had also approved the skill development project, which would have additional skill acquisition programme and skill enhancement programme for youths. The project, announced in this year`s budget, would be implemented in cooperation with education and labour departments, he said.
The cabinet also decided to hike the wages of guest teachers of government engineering colleges, he said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert