Will take up Madani case with Karnataka: Chandy
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday assured friends of Muslim leader Abdul Nasser Madani, in jail in Karnataka over the 2008 Bangalore blasts, that he will take up with Karnataka the issue of Madani being kept in prison without any trial.
Chandy said he will seek justice for the jailed Muslim leader.
"There can be no rationale for keeping a person in jail without a trial. We will take up this issue with the Karnataka government. Maudany should get the same treatment that any Indian citizen gets," Chandy told reporters after his meeting with leaders of Madani`s Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Madani is in custody in Karnataka since August 2010 for his alleged involvement in the 2008 Bangalore bomb blasts.
In March, Madani secured parole for a few days to attend his daughter`s wedding. He returned to Bangalore to the jail where he is now being kept.
Party leaders here expressed hope that with the change of the state government in Karnataka, Madani can look forward to a speedy trial.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan