Woman arrested for giving SIM cards to Let operative Nazir
Kochi: Police have arrested a woman, who allegedly handed over some SIM cards to jailed Lashkar operative and Bangalore serial blasts accused T Nazir, for making some international calls from jail.
31-year-old Deepa Cherian, also known as Shahina, was arrested yesterday, police said.
She had allegedly handed over the SIMs to one Noushad, who was lodged in the Ernakulam sub jail, during one of her visits to the jail.
Noushad was arrested when he was found in possession of about 3000 ampules of tranquilisers. The SIMs were later handed over to Nazir.
The National Investigation Agency has begun a probe to find out the persons whom Nazir had spoken to with the SIMs, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident
- Despite tough training, we'll continue our Ramadan fast: Misbah-ul-Haq tells Mickey Arthur