Woman arrested for giving SIM cards to Let operative Nazir
Kochi: Police have arrested a woman, who allegedly handed over some SIM cards to jailed Lashkar operative and Bangalore serial blasts accused T Nazir, for making some international calls from jail.
31-year-old Deepa Cherian, also known as Shahina, was arrested yesterday, police said.
She had allegedly handed over the SIMs to one Noushad, who was lodged in the Ernakulam sub jail, during one of her visits to the jail.
Noushad was arrested when he was found in possession of about 3000 ampules of tranquilisers. The SIMs were later handed over to Nazir.
The National Investigation Agency has begun a probe to find out the persons whom Nazir had spoken to with the SIMs, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja