Woman arrested for giving SIM cards to Let operative Nazir
Kochi: Police have arrested a woman, who allegedly handed over some SIM cards to jailed Lashkar operative and Bangalore serial blasts accused T Nazir, for making some international calls from jail.
31-year-old Deepa Cherian, also known as Shahina, was arrested yesterday, police said.
She had allegedly handed over the SIMs to one Noushad, who was lodged in the Ernakulam sub jail, during one of her visits to the jail.
Noushad was arrested when he was found in possession of about 3000 ampules of tranquilisers. The SIMs were later handed over to Nazir.
The National Investigation Agency has begun a probe to find out the persons whom Nazir had spoken to with the SIMs, they said.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog