Woman atop coconut tree rescued by fire brigade
Chertala: Stuck up in a 36-feet tall coconut tree while spraying insecticide, a housewife had to make a call to the fire brigade from her mobile phone to rescue her.
45-year-old Cicily, a housewife, had learned to operate the coconut tree climbing machine since the past one year and managed to eke out a living with it.
Yesterday, after she climbed the coconut tree at Nedumbrakkat at Chertala in Alapuzha district, to spray insecticide, the machine seemed to have developed some trouble, police said.
However, not loosing her cool, Cicly, held on to the tree and managed to slowly slip down to at least 21 feet. She could not come down further as the tree had a bend.
Her mobile phone came to her rescue and she immediately called the fire force personnel saying, "Sir I am on top of a coconut tree, Please save me."
Hearing her cries for help, people from the area gathered.
By then, the fire force personnel reached the spot and with the help of a ladder, managed to bring her down safe, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls