Woman NIT researcher`s body fished out from river
Kochi: The body of a 25-year-old research scholar at the National Institute of Technology, who went missing during a train journey from Thiruvananthapuram on April 24, was fished out from the Periyar river here after a four day search.
The body of O K Indu, who was recently engaged and set
to be married on May 16, was found last night, police said.
Indu, who hailed from Thiruvananthapuram, had gone to
the state capital to meet her parents, they said. She boarded
the Trivandrum-Mangalore Malabar Express on April 24 but never
reached her destination.
NIT lecturer, Subash, who was also travelling in the
train, complained to the police after he found her missing as
the train reached Kallayi near Kozhikode the next day. Indu`s
bags and mobile were found on her seat.
Railways and police had launched an intensive search operation to find Indu.
Police had been searching the Periyar river for the
past two days after receiving a message that a woman`s body
was found floating. Indu`s partially decomposed body, found in
a deserted spot at Kozhikkadavu, was identified by her
relatives yesterday on the basis of the jewellery she was
wearing, police said.
While Indu`s relatives have said there was no reason
for her to commit suicide, police is probing all angles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`