Woman NIT researcher`s body fished out from river
Kochi: The body of a 25-year-old research scholar at the National Institute of Technology, who went missing during a train journey from Thiruvananthapuram on April 24, was fished out from the Periyar river here after a four day search.
The body of O K Indu, who was recently engaged and set
to be married on May 16, was found last night, police said.
Indu, who hailed from Thiruvananthapuram, had gone to
the state capital to meet her parents, they said. She boarded
the Trivandrum-Mangalore Malabar Express on April 24 but never
reached her destination.
NIT lecturer, Subash, who was also travelling in the
train, complained to the police after he found her missing as
the train reached Kallayi near Kozhikode the next day. Indu`s
bags and mobile were found on her seat.
Railways and police had launched an intensive search operation to find Indu.
Police had been searching the Periyar river for the
past two days after receiving a message that a woman`s body
was found floating. Indu`s partially decomposed body, found in
a deserted spot at Kozhikkadavu, was identified by her
relatives yesterday on the basis of the jewellery she was
wearing, police said.
While Indu`s relatives have said there was no reason
for her to commit suicide, police is probing all angles.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch