World Malayalam festival from Oct 30
Thiruvananthapuram: The three-day World Malayalam festival, focusing on its tradition and the culture of Kerala, will be inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee on October 30.
Seminars and debates on Malayalam would be held at various venues including the Kanakakkunnu palace and the Senate Hall, where the President would inaugurate the event, an official press release here said.
A gathering of writers from different states, an international literary festival participated by non-resident Indian writers and cultural workers and a meeting to honour legendary litterateurs would be highlights of the festival.
An international book festival, painting exhibition, drawing competition and cartoon caricature show had also been organised as part of the event.
The event, which will conclude on Kerala formation day on November 1, is being organised by the state Culture department.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife