World Malayalam festival from Oct 30
Thiruvananthapuram: The three-day World Malayalam festival, focusing on its tradition and the culture of Kerala, will be inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee on October 30.
Seminars and debates on Malayalam would be held at various venues including the Kanakakkunnu palace and the Senate Hall, where the President would inaugurate the event, an official press release here said.
A gathering of writers from different states, an international literary festival participated by non-resident Indian writers and cultural workers and a meeting to honour legendary litterateurs would be highlights of the festival.
An international book festival, painting exhibition, drawing competition and cartoon caricature show had also been organised as part of the event.
The event, which will conclude on Kerala formation day on November 1, is being organised by the state Culture department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning