World Malayalam festival from Oct 30
Thiruvananthapuram: The three-day World Malayalam festival, focusing on its tradition and the culture of Kerala, will be inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee on October 30.
Seminars and debates on Malayalam would be held at various venues including the Kanakakkunnu palace and the Senate Hall, where the President would inaugurate the event, an official press release here said.
A gathering of writers from different states, an international literary festival participated by non-resident Indian writers and cultural workers and a meeting to honour legendary litterateurs would be highlights of the festival.
An international book festival, painting exhibition, drawing competition and cartoon caricature show had also been organised as part of the event.
The event, which will conclude on Kerala formation day on November 1, is being organised by the state Culture department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview