Write-up in Muslim League`s organ blasts Antony
Thiruvananthapuram: Defence Minister AK Antony on Monday came under attack from ruling Congress-led UDF partner IUML in Kerala for his critical remarks against the state Government.
Significantly, the attack came in an article by a Youth Wing leader of IUML in the party organ Chandrika, despite Antony himself clarifying that too much politics need not be read into the speech he made at BrahMos unit here last week.
Antony`s earlier remarks that a proper atmosphere had been lacking in the state for bringing defence production units were interpreted by political circles in Kerala and media as an open displeasure of the functioning of the UDF Ministry headed by Oommen Chandy.
After making some stinging observations against Antony, the writer concluded his article, saying, "circumstantial evidences do not permit to believe that Antony`s criticism was the result of good intentions."
Leaders of the IUML, the second largest partner in the UDF holding portfolios including Industries, had earlier taken strong objection to Antony`s speech at BrahMos unit since they suspected that its main target had been party leader and Industries Minister PK Kunhalikutty.
Kunhalikutty, with whom Antony had a strained relationship during his last stint as Kerala Chief Minister, was present when he made critical comments against the UDF Government.
After embarrassing the government, Antony himself on Saturday clarified that his intention was not to put the Oommen Chandy Government on the dock.
Now, the appearance of a critical write-up against the senior Congress leader has irked the Antony campers in the party in Kerala as they believe that such an article would not have got published without the IUML leaders being aware of it.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray