10 arrested for helping criminals escape police custody
Bhopal: Ten people have been arrested for attacking a police party that was escorting three criminals to a jail in Madhya Pradesh`s Betul district, police said Friday. Two of the criminals managed to escape in the melee.
The incident occurred Thursday when three undertrials - Bhim Thakur, Kuldeep Parihar and Vinod - accused in a murder case, were being taken to a jail in Betul town.
About 25 people attacked the police party, threw chili powder in their eyes and freed two of the three criminals.
"While Bhim Thakur and Kuldeep Parihar succeeded in running away, Vinod is still in police custody. Police have registered a case and arrested 10 people in this connection," Superintendent of Police RL Prajapati told a news agency over phone.
The undertrials had been brought from Bhopal and were presented at a court in Betul Thursday. They were required to be presented again Friday. Hence, the police were taking them to a local jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!