10 arrested for helping criminals escape police custody
Bhopal: Ten people have been arrested for attacking a police party that was escorting three criminals to a jail in Madhya Pradesh`s Betul district, police said Friday. Two of the criminals managed to escape in the melee.
The incident occurred Thursday when three undertrials - Bhim Thakur, Kuldeep Parihar and Vinod - accused in a murder case, were being taken to a jail in Betul town.
About 25 people attacked the police party, threw chili powder in their eyes and freed two of the three criminals.
"While Bhim Thakur and Kuldeep Parihar succeeded in running away, Vinod is still in police custody. Police have registered a case and arrested 10 people in this connection," Superintendent of Police RL Prajapati told a news agency over phone.
The undertrials had been brought from Bhopal and were presented at a court in Betul Thursday. They were required to be presented again Friday. Hence, the police were taking them to a local jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi