10 arrested for helping criminals escape police custody
Bhopal: Ten people have been arrested for attacking a police party that was escorting three criminals to a jail in Madhya Pradesh`s Betul district, police said Friday. Two of the criminals managed to escape in the melee.
The incident occurred Thursday when three undertrials - Bhim Thakur, Kuldeep Parihar and Vinod - accused in a murder case, were being taken to a jail in Betul town.
About 25 people attacked the police party, threw chili powder in their eyes and freed two of the three criminals.
"While Bhim Thakur and Kuldeep Parihar succeeded in running away, Vinod is still in police custody. Police have registered a case and arrested 10 people in this connection," Superintendent of Police RL Prajapati told a news agency over phone.
The undertrials had been brought from Bhopal and were presented at a court in Betul Thursday. They were required to be presented again Friday. Hence, the police were taking them to a local jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon