10 killed, 21 injured as truck hits tractor in MP
Bhopal: Ten members of a family were killed and 21 others injured when a speeding truck hit a tractor-trolley carrying 39 passengers in Madhya Pradesh`s Umaria district.
The victims, belonging to the Baiga tribe, were returning to Amodi village after attending a function in Narvar village last night when their tractor trolley was hit by a truck on National Highway No 78 in Umaria, police said on Wednesday.
While seven persons died on the spot, three succumbed to injuries in hospital, they said.
The deceased have been identified as - Lalla (45), Dinesh (14), Mallu (40), Ramdin (15), Kunni (45), Sampat (50), Rupa (18), Mukesh (30), Vandana (3) and Moolchand (12).
Police have registered a case and launched a search for the truck driver, who fled after the accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble