10,000 burqas bought to fake BJP`s Muslim support: Digvijay Singh
Indore: A day before Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi addresses a rally in Bhopal, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday alleged that 10,000 burqas were purchased here to feign the support of the Muslim minority towards the opposition party at the rally.
"In the entire country, it is being built up that the Bharatiya Janata Party has the support of the Muslim minority. ...Now, as proof, I have with me a bill which shows that 10,000 burqas have been bought from Indore. The same number of topis could not be found here, but were ordered from Lucknow. I will put that bill before you, as well," Singh said.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will speak at the Karyakarta Mahakumbh in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, on September 25 as part of his party`s election campaign in the lead-up to the 2014 general elections.
On Sunday, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh, once again, hit out at Modi, and said the facts that he presented at speech to the Indian Diaspora in America indicated that it was `feku` at his best.
"FEKU MODI at his best. Giving fake figures of growth during NDA regime," Digvijay Singh said on the microblogging site, Twitter.
Praising the six-year tenure of NDA under the leadership of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and party`s veteran leader LK Advani, Modi had earlier said, "Under Vajpayee government it looked like that the 21st century would be the century of India. But with his departure, the downfall started."
He said that the growth rate was 8.4 per cent but it came down to 4.8 per cent during the UPA`s rule.
"However, once Vajpayee`s tenure as PM came to an end, we regressed and are moving backwards," he said, while addressing the Indian Diaspora through a live video conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says