11-year-old gang-raped by relatives of her brother-in-law in MP
Panna: A minor girl was gang-raped allegedly by relatives of her brother-in-law in Rumpura village near here, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred on the intervening night of June 2-3, when Ramakant Kushwaha (19) and Sube Kushwaha (20) asked the 11-year-old girl to come to their place under the pretext of charging her mobile phone, they said.
The duo then took her to a nearby agriculture field and raped her, police said, adding that they also switched off her mobile phone so that she remained untraceable.
The girl`s father could contact her only after she switched on her mobile phone after she escaped from the clutches of the accused, police said.
The family members of the girl initially decided to keep the matter under wraps but later gathered courage to approach police and lodge complaint, police said.
It is not known how the accused are connected to the victim`s brother-in-law.
The victim will be taken for medical examination tomorrow, they said, adding that a case of gang rape has been registered against the accused who are untraceable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS