11-year-old gang-raped by relatives of her brother-in-law in MP
Panna: A minor girl was gang-raped allegedly by relatives of her brother-in-law in Rumpura village near here, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred on the intervening night of June 2-3, when Ramakant Kushwaha (19) and Sube Kushwaha (20) asked the 11-year-old girl to come to their place under the pretext of charging her mobile phone, they said.
The duo then took her to a nearby agriculture field and raped her, police said, adding that they also switched off her mobile phone so that she remained untraceable.
The girl`s father could contact her only after she switched on her mobile phone after she escaped from the clutches of the accused, police said.
The family members of the girl initially decided to keep the matter under wraps but later gathered courage to approach police and lodge complaint, police said.
It is not known how the accused are connected to the victim`s brother-in-law.
The victim will be taken for medical examination tomorrow, they said, adding that a case of gang rape has been registered against the accused who are untraceable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured