11-year-old gang-raped by relatives of her brother-in-law in MP
Panna: A minor girl was gang-raped allegedly by relatives of her brother-in-law in Rumpura village near here, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred on the intervening night of June 2-3, when Ramakant Kushwaha (19) and Sube Kushwaha (20) asked the 11-year-old girl to come to their place under the pretext of charging her mobile phone, they said.
The duo then took her to a nearby agriculture field and raped her, police said, adding that they also switched off her mobile phone so that she remained untraceable.
The girl`s father could contact her only after she switched on her mobile phone after she escaped from the clutches of the accused, police said.
The family members of the girl initially decided to keep the matter under wraps but later gathered courage to approach police and lodge complaint, police said.
It is not known how the accused are connected to the victim`s brother-in-law.
The victim will be taken for medical examination tomorrow, they said, adding that a case of gang rape has been registered against the accused who are untraceable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city