12 candidates from royal families in fray for MP polls
Bhopal: Candidates from 12 erstwhile royal families are in fray for the November 25 Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
Of these, eight have been fielded by the ruling BJP and four have been put up by Opposition Congress.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh`s son Jaiwardhan Singh is the party nominee from Raghogarh seat. Rajesh Dhakad will contest the seat as BJP candidate.
Digvijay had been elected for the first time from the Raghogarh constituency way back in 1977.
From BJP, the leading royal nominee is Yashodhararaje Scindia, who is presently the party MP from Gwalior and is in the race from Shivpuri constituency.
Priyavrat Singh, a relative of Digvijay Singh, is contesting from Khilchpur constituency in Rajgarh district, where his main opponent is Hazarilal Dangi of the BJP.
Two royal brothers, Kunwar Vijay Shah and Sanjay Shah, are in the race from Harsud and Timarni constituencies respectively on BJP ticket.
While Vijay is facing former MP Suraj Bhan Singh Solanki of the Congress, his brother Sanjay`s main rival is Ramesh Kumar, also of the Congress.
Manvendra Singh, who was long back with the Congress, was elected as an Independent in 2008 and this time he is the BJP nominee from Maharajpur constituency.
Other prominent BJP candidates from erstwhile royal families are Maya Singh (Gwalior east), Divya Raja Singh (Sirmour), Tukoji Rao Pawar (Dewas) and Harsh Kumar Singh (Rampur Baghelan).
Besides, Vikram Singh Natiraja (Rajnagar) and Mahendra Singh Kalukheda (Mungawali) are contesting on Congress ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE