13 killed in jeep-truck collision
Ashoknagar: Thirteen persons were killed and three injured when the jeep in which they were travelling collided with a truck about 70 kms from here on Chanderi- Lalitpur road here, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap took place last evening and all the victims hailed from Lalitpur district in Uttar Pradesh.
The accident occured when those in the jeep were returning after visiting the Jageshwari Devi temple at Chanderi.
The truck was full of stones and it overturned following which the people in the jeep got crushed, they said.
The deceased have not been identified yet.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced an assistance of Rs one lakh each to the kith and kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 each for the three injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill