13 killed in jeep-truck collision
Ashoknagar: Thirteen persons were killed and three injured when the jeep in which they were travelling collided with a truck about 70 kms from here on Chanderi- Lalitpur road here, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap took place last evening and all the victims hailed from Lalitpur district in Uttar Pradesh.
The accident occured when those in the jeep were returning after visiting the Jageshwari Devi temple at Chanderi.
The truck was full of stones and it overturned following which the people in the jeep got crushed, they said.
The deceased have not been identified yet.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced an assistance of Rs one lakh each to the kith and kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 each for the three injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- This is what a Pakistani thinks why cow is sacred for Hindus - Watch
- Security forces kill separatist guerilla in Jammu & Kashmir's Kupwara
- DU admissions 2016 first online cut-off list to be declared today
- Woman suicide over morphed picture: One arrested
- 7th Pay Commission: Gratuity ceiling doubled to Rs 20 lakh