13 killed in jeep-truck collision
Ashoknagar: Thirteen persons were killed and three injured when the jeep in which they were travelling collided with a truck about 70 kms from here on Chanderi- Lalitpur road here, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap took place last evening and all the victims hailed from Lalitpur district in Uttar Pradesh.
The accident occured when those in the jeep were returning after visiting the Jageshwari Devi temple at Chanderi.
The truck was full of stones and it overturned following which the people in the jeep got crushed, they said.
The deceased have not been identified yet.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced an assistance of Rs one lakh each to the kith and kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 each for the three injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police